Friday, September 5, 2008

Sweet Dreams

Sometimes I fall asleep almost immediately after going to bed. Sometimes it takes a little longer.


Sometimes I have dreams that I remember and I probably have a lot that I don't remember. Sometimes those dreams are happy, sometimes they are unusual, sometimes they don't make sense and once in a great while they are a bit scary.


While I'm not a sleep expert, it's my understanding that this is pretty typical for a lot of people.


Last night, however, something unusual happened.


In the middle of the night I was awakened by uncontrollable laughter. Not my own laughter... it was Tanya's laughter.


Apparantly, she had a dream that was so funny it sent her into a laughing fit that continued for... well, I'm going to say at least 15 minutes - followed by periodic subsequent outbursts as she would lose control once again.


She did her best to describe the image that she had dreamed about and while I think I can picture what she described... it didn't have quite the same effect on me and I was ready to resume my restful slumber.


If she's going to wake me up in the middle of the night then it may as well be with laughter, right honey?


Here's a picture from Dec. 2000 of the gals sleeping late. My little angels.



No comments:

Post a Comment