Sunday, November 9, 2008

Bake Sale!

I was forewarned that I'd get to play Chef-boy-ardee this weekend while Tanya escaped to her Scrap booking event. Specifically, I was to do whatever was necessary to end up with some 'baked goods' for a bake sale/craft fair fundraiser that was occurring on Sunday.

No big deal. Piece of cake (no pun intended). Run to the store, grab a dessert mix, bake it up and be done.

Unfortunately, this simple task ended up taking almost all day.

On the positive side, there was a nice view from the kitchen for a few minutes, before the rains resumed. Admittedly, I was rather relieved that my hike date was postponed to next week.


The good news, for the kids, is that they convinced me to buy a second dessert mix for the family to consume. Even better, for the kids, is that they have been rather ill this week so I refrained from making this a 'mandatory participation' event.

In case you aren't aware of this... you should be advised that if you are buying baked goods at a bake sale or some other fundraiser function, there is a high likelihood that someones kids were recruited to 'help' bake the goods being sold.

If you happened to buy some brownies this weekend at a Bake sale in Mount Vernon, please rest assured that your goods were deemed to be finger-licking good!

No comments:

Post a Comment