Friday, February 11, 2011

Exercise: On Demand!

My Bride found the Comcast On Demand Exercise videos and suckered me into the doing the '2 mile walk' video before dinner.


The TV lady repeating 'walk walk walk walk' sounded like 'wok wok wok wok'... made me want chinese food for dinner. Lucky for me, Pineapple Chicken was already in the oven.

Time went pretty fast as we did a good job of entertaining each other.

There were a couple valuable benefits from tonight's Fitness Bonding Time:

1) We got some exercise

2) We worked up an appetite

3) I successfully reminded T that "being graceful while dancing" is NOT in my DNA (excluding those dances in Red Square at WWU of course).

It's probably been 10 years since my last attempt at 'Dancing' (just ask T about the Swing Dancing attempt) and it will probably be another 10 years before any sort of dancing invitation floats my way. By then I'll be able to flash my AARP card and start complaining about my aching joints or bad knees.

4) Hey! How come in the years that we've had 'On Demand' TV no one bothered to mention that there is a whole section of outdoor shows in "The Ski Channel"? Heck, I'd tell you if there was a "4H" channel or a "We Heart Dogs" channel.



Anyway, we started a '10 week fitness challenge' at my work. It involves a certain amount of exercise at least five times a week. They claim that it's 10 weeks long because that is how long it takes to make something a habit.

They said the same thing last year when we did it for 10 weeks.

Since this is the second year for us doing this program I guess it must mean that we are in the habit of exercising 10 weeks a year.

GO TEAM!

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment