Thursday, June 4, 2009

Checking the Mail

After work I went across the street to get the mail.

Generally speaking, checking the mail is rather uneventful (yes, even in my family). Probably that's why I only check it about once a week.

Today was different.
There were two papers taped to the exterior.



The notice on the right side looks like a typical missing pet notice. Here is a close up photo:

After carefully reading this notice a couple of things became very clear:
1) Sophie can't find her way home.
2) Sophie can write, but doesn't know how to use a phone.
Definitely keeping my eyes open for this cat. She'd make a great pet. ;-)

After a couple seconds of looking around, kicking some bushes and calling "Here Sophie, her kitty kitty... I've got a pencil... and some paper..." with no luck I decided to see if the other posting would be of any interest.

Guess what?

You are correct. It's very interesting.

I've hidden the phone number. It's our phone number (if you didn't already guess that).

Mikayla is quite creative. She loves dogs (and all animals) and loves to walk them (and give them baths apparently). Surely she could earn a good amount of spending money undertaking such a venture.

What would such a service be worth?

PetSmart charges $40.

What would Mikayla charge?

$5?

10?

20?

How about:



DOH!
I should have known.

Now I'd better go check the voicemail.



~E

No comments:

Post a Comment