Monday, December 30, 2013

The Secret Language Of Parents

Public Service Announcement

While cleaning out my 2013 Day Planner today I stumbled across this simple little note that I saved.


It was a note written by T with the expectation that I would 'Deal With It'.   Immediately, if not sooner, or yesterday.

Using the traditional "We are always on the same page" communmication skills that many married people posess, T knew that I'd know exactly what to do.

It just so happens that on this particular day I had let a friend of mine borrow my secret decoder ring so I had to actually verbally inquire on what exactly this note was intended to communicate.

You may be surprised to learn that this is actually a very simple request and I should have intuitively known what to do even without my decoder ring.

For the benefit of those people who are not yet married, or those who are married but have misplaced their decoder ring, I hereby present the proper interpretation of this message.  Maybe it will be of use to others in decoding similar messages they may be wresting with.

Part 1:  I needed to reschedule a braces appointment for Mikayla. 'Another Day' means there is only a 20% chance that the new day you select will work.



Part 2: I needed to reschedule Alexia's dental appointment in Bellingham to a school day that doesn't have a P.E. class.



Since P.E. classes are only every other day it should be so easy.  Unless there are holidays or half days or snow days or 1 or 2 hr delay days.

Based on a little equation I call "Infinite Improbability Formula" I eventually concluded there were less than 15 days which would possibly meet the criteria over the next three months.


Since this was the end of my stack of notes in my day planner I can only conclude that the rescheduled dates did indeed meet the minimum criteria for success.


No comments:

Post a Comment