Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Our To Do List (The Kids Are Gone Version)

The kids are currently living the good life down in Arizona. They split town as soon as the fair was over.
I'm assuming they're doing fine.
They don't call me.
They don't even txt me.
LOL

LOL again after I re-read that sentence.
jk, it wasn't that funny.
idk why they don't call.

Maybe they're embarrassed that all my knowledge of texting comes from Verizon commercials.

Anyway, they've been missing some wild times up here. They're truly missing out.
Not really. As it turns out, we're mostly grown up now and even without the kids there is still a lot of 'stuff' that needs to get done.

So... here is my exciting list of stuff to do while the kids are away.
  1. Paint the living room. Status: We bought some paint, some tape, some brushes. We painted about 1 entire square foot. Twice. It's now a waiting game to see who is going to actually tape off the area so we can start some real painting.
  2. Clean the carpets. Status: Done!
  3. Post the Fair results on the Blog. Status: There is a half-legible half-complete list in the drawer here that I think says what some of the awards were. All I can figure out is that they both won a ton of ribbons and we'll be in Puyallup for at least two days.
  4. Rent a movie, or two. Status: Rented two. Started watching Slumdog Millionaire on the bedroom TV since it was the only TV that had furniture in front of it after cleaning the carpets, but it's so small and so far away we couldn't read the subtitles and ultimately turned it off. Finished it the next day downstairs.
  5. Mow the Grass. Status: I decided to just pick that blade of grass that was bugging me. Everything else is dead except for a small corner of flowering clovers... and a 1 foot wide strip along the south side of the property next to my neighbors sprinkler system.
  6. Rearrange furniture in T's classroom. Status: Done! No permanent injuries.
  7. Rearrange the living room furniture. Status: Will happen as soon as everything else is painted except the unreachable spot behind the TV.
  8. Switch the Office and the Playroom. Status: Are you kidding me? We might need to invite some people over 'for dinner' since the neighbors have started to pretend they aren't home whenever I come knocking.
  9. Plan Soccer Practices. Status: Well, practice is in about 17 hours and right now I'm busy typing a blog entry... so my lunch tomorrow will likely involve soccer planning.
  10. Meet with the church Audit Committee. Status: Done! They have great air conditioning in there which really hit the spot tonight.
  11. Shop for T's B-day present. Status: It's hard to find time to shop when you're either 1) at work or 2) always with the birthday girl. I was able to do a little browsing between work and audit committee tonight... but that doesn't mean I'm done. **Now would be a great time for you to email me any suggestions you may have!**
  12. Go to the District Soccer Coaches Meeting. Status: That is Wed. p.m... we get our schedules and uniforms. Woo Hoo!
  13. Schedule a date to summit Mount Saint Helens this fall. Status: Yeah... need to find a calendar. And a good meteorologist. And get in shape.
  14. Get in shape to summit Mount Saint Helens. Status: No comment.
  15. Book a hotel for our time down in Puyallup. Status: DOH!
Ok. It might be a wise choice to go do something else right now instead of coming up with more things for my list. When I started this list there were only going to be four things on it.

~E

1 comment:

  1. You are so darn funny!! I love reading your blog--wish I was half as witty when I write mine. Glad to see you and Tanya are keeping busy while the girls are gone.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete