Friday, April 2, 2010

E's Spring Break: Days 4 thru 7

Day 4
Tues afternoon
Work late.
Head home to let the dogs out.
Back out to get some dinner... decided to make a first visit to Kyoto House on College Way. This was a brand new restaurant last year, but I wasn't able to make it there for dinner during Spring Break 2009... so it's been on my To-Eat list for 12 months.
In summary, the food presentation was fantastic, but the food itself was only fair. The restaurant setting was much more intimate and upscale than I predicted... good for 'date night', if your date isn't allergic to Peanuts.
Kids would probably prefer to go somewhere else... or stay home.

Wednesday morning
Dogs out, off to work and spent the first 3.5 hours of the day on the telephone.

Day 5
Wednesday Night
Worked a little late and then went to visit with our long lost friends Kevin & Beth out near Lake Whatcom. Beth made a world class steak stir fry and it was absolutely fantastic.
It was great to spend time with them again and hopefully we'll connect again in the near future.
Back to reality as I headed home to let the dogs out.

Thursday Morning
Let the dogs out and head back to work for the typical month-end 12 hour day. This is why I'm not in sunny Arizona, swimming, tanning and drinking a margarita. Retirement is only 25 budget cycles away. DOH!

Day 6
Thursday Night
Finally left work. Picked up my annual Thai Dinner... to go... so I could come home to let the dogs play.
Thanks, Michelle, for coming over to let the dogs out that extra time... I appreciate it more than I can explain.
Since the dogs were separated almost all day and late into the night, they were really energetic... late into the night (early into the morning, actually).

Friday Morning
Up too early, let the dogs out, put away the clean dishes, throw in a load of laundry, took the garbage & recycling out and then headed off to work in the midst of a monster wind storm.

Day 7
Friday Night
Home from work, took the dogs out and started my search of the neighborhood for the missing recycle bin (thanks to the ongoing wind storm). The three of us finally located it in a cul-de-sac seven houses down the street. It looks a little worse for the wear after the wind pushed it that far down the pavement. We provided entertainment for the neighbors as they watched me battle the head wind while toting both dogs and the recycle bin behind me.
Since the electricity keeps flashing on and off, I decided to head off to the store in order to get a few necessary groceries, gas up the Nissan for a drive to the airport tomorrow and pick up some dinner.
Worked on Audit Committee stuff for the church and now I'm trying to get this entry posted before the power shuts off again.

Saturday Morning (expectations... I'm not a fortune teller)
Waking up, taking the dogs out and then meeting my new Mount Baker Club buddies for a hike/snowshoe. Hopefully the wind storm concludes before then.
Once that is done I'll head down to pick up the family at Sea Tac... you can only imagine how happy I am to see them. Hopefully I'll have some vacation pics to share in the next few days.

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment