Sunday, March 20, 2011

Flu-nami

Only a little bit like the recent tragic tsunami that struck Japan, our household has been struck by the flu.

We're down for the count.

Well, T and A are down for the count.

M started the whole thing, but luckily had a much less severe strain of it that didn't involve a fever.

So far, I've managed to fight off whatever it is that's knocking everyone else out (well, so far anyway, knock on wood, praise the Lord).

Alexia missed three days of school last week (one of which was a field trip she really wanted to go on -- outdoors and in the rain). Tanya stayed with Lex on the first day and I played Work-From-Home/Dr. Dad on Thursday and Friday.

While on my work-from-home Lunch Break, Alexia and I played board games.

I wonder how old she'll be before she stops making me play this one:
It says Ages 5 and up... so it might be a while.  At least she's stopped asking to play the Princess game that involved wearing a jeweled crown and clip-on earings.

Lex seemed to be on the path to recovery on Friday, but while I was out galavanting around the mountains on Saturday, she followed Tanya and took a downhill turn for the worse.

Wish our household a speedy recovery... and for heaven's sake, someone please get Tanya a grape popsicle!!!

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment